This recipe is a good source of vitamin A, which keeps eyes and skin healthy; vitamin C, which
keeps gums and blood vessels healthy; and iron, which carries oxygen in our blood.
1/3 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons hot chili oil
1 10-ounce bag salad greens or other lettuce
1 medium carrot, grated
1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
1 6-ounce package snow peas, sliced diagonally
2 cups cooked boneless chicken meat, shredded
1. Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Toss greens, carrot, onion, and cilantro with dressing.
3. Drain mandarin oranges and water chestnuts, and add to
4. Add snow peas and chicken; mix lightly.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
• Sprinkle with chopped, dry roasted peanuts.
• Serve with whole grain bread for a complete meal.