Pumpkin 1/4 medium size - 1700 gr
Sugar 2 3/4 cup - 500 gr
Walnuts (chopped) 1 cup - 100 gr
- Cut pumpkin into quarters.
- Remove seeds and stringy interior.
- Pare and cut into 5-6x2 1/2 cm (2-2 1/2 inch) slices 1-1 1/2 cm (0.5-3/4 inch) thick.
- Place in a covered shallow pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Let stand for 4-5 hours until pumpkin is juicy.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from heat; cool. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
- Serve at room temparature.