Vegetables and Turkey Stir
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 thin slices ginger root, minced
1-2 cups turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cups chopped vegetables, fresh, frozen or canned, such as celery, mushrooms,
water chestnuts, bok choy
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat
2. Add salt, ginger root, garlic, turkey, and vegetables. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat to prevent scorching. Add sugar.
4. When vegetables are tender, remove pan from heat.
5. If vegetables are firm, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for 2
more minutes, or until tender. Serve over rice (or noodles).
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Bright Ideas: Serve with this stir-fry sauce, if desired:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1 cup chicken stock or water
Mix sauce ingredients. Pour over vegetables and turkey at end of cooking time.
Cook for an additional 30 seconds, or until sauce thickens slightly.