5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds – try a mix of
red and green)
1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries or raisins work well)
1 carrot, washed, peeled and grated
1/3 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/4 cups thinly sliced apples
1/4 cup chopped nuts, toasted
1. Mix cabbage, dried fruit and carrots in a large bowl.
2. In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
3. Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture.
4. Add apple and nuts just before serving. Mix well
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.